Top Beach in Ocean County
A one mile stretch of beach, Seaside Heights is famous for its soft white sand and ultimate boardwalk. The beach has received numerous awards over the years from the New Jersey Sea Grant Consortium! Most recently, SSH was voted the #1 2019 beach in Ocean County.
Seaside Heights does charge daily beach fees. These fees help the town provide one of the cleanest and safest public beaches on the East Coast.
Beach Badges are in effect May 15th – September 15th. A beach badge or wristband is required to enter or remain on the beach from 9:00 am to 9:00 pm on the weekends and holidays. Monday to Thursday badges are needed from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm. You can buy a wristband up until 6:00 pm when the cashier booths close.
Lifeguards are on duty between Memorial Day weekend and Labor Day. Swimming is only allowed lifeguards are present.
- Daily fee – $8
- Weekly badge – $35 (Sunday through Saturday)
- Season badge – $45 if purchased on or before May 15th
- Season badge – $60 if purchased after May 15th
- Senior Citizen season badge – $10 for persons 65 years of age and older
- Children 11 years of age and under – free every day
- Active and retired military personnel and their dependents – free every day with the appropriate Common Access Card, Uniformed Services ID Card, DD Form 214, or Veterans Benefit ID Card issued by the VA.
Free & Discount Days
Bay beach – free every day.
Seaside Heights offers beach fee discounts throughout the summer, including Mom and Me Days, Dad and Me Days, Bring a Friend Days, and Bring a Hero Days.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes coolers are allowed, but alcohol and glass are not permitted. Beach attendants will check bags and coolers as you enter the beach.
Yes, beach wheelchairs are available. Please visit the Visitor’s Center at Blaine Avenue to obtain a beach wheelchair.
Pets are not permitted on the ocean beach except as part of Dog Royalty Days on August 1st and August 29th, 2017.